Last year I worked fairly hard to find and fit a basic t-shirt. I hacked and merged a couple patterns to come up with my best fitting shirt yet. So my first sew for myself this year was another of what I’m calling my “perfect tee” although I’m very aware it has some areas it could fit better. I wanted to make sure my original wasn’t just a “fluke”.
Verdict: I’m still happy with it! Add the super soft Art Gallery Knit and I’ve got something great going on!
As a reminder, I started with the SBCC Tonic Tee 2 as my base. I pinned out folds above my chest, made wide shoulder adjustments, forward shoulder adjustments, and and couple others I don’t remember but are built into my pattern now. I don’t really care about the extra fabric at the bottom of my back so I’ve never delved into a sway back adjustment.
I also on a whim decided to try putting the sleeve from the Hey June Woodstock tee onto my SBCC Tee. After a couple adjustments to help the sleeve match the armscye a little better, the sleeve went worked really well!
Next time I make my “perfect tee” I’m going to take a little length out of the sleeve cap because I think I started to stretch the armscye a little. You can see it a little in the back armscye. But I’m still happy with the shirt and am glad to have another shirt I can wear with my cute mint pants!