Category: boy

Halloween 2012

We had a hard time deciding what to be for Halloween this year.  I still wanted them all to match, and I wanted to make it work around the Tiger costume the first two piggs wore then they were 1 year old.  Because I wanted Pigg # 3 to wear it.   So I thought Jasmine, Aladdin, and Raja-the tiger.  It would be perfect!  And Adorable!  I got Pigg # 2 on board, but Pigg#1 just wouldn’t go for it.  And then my attempts to make Jasmin pants out of an old shirt didn’t work because there just wasn’t enough fabric to work with.  (But now she has another pair of pants/leggings to keep her legs warm!) So Pigg#1 and I talked again, and he said he wanted to be a Knight.  The picture he liked looked an awful lot like Prince Phillip…so he eventually agreed to be Prince Phillip and match Pigg#2 as long as he got a sword, a shield, and the tunic.  Deal. And Pigg#2, well she became Briar Rose because I had an old shirt with the sweet lacing already done.  And it was perfect for Aurora’s peasant dress.  And I happened to have the fabric for a skirt to match.  The only thing I had to buy for their costumes was the black elastic for Pigg#2’s skirt. So here is our Halloween story:  (I...

Read More

KCWC-Faux Vest

Wow.  I actually got another thing made this week! My sister-in-law is about to have a baby boy and said she could use some more clothes since her first boy put some nice stains on his clothes.  Hopefully she’s too busy to look at this blog before it gets to her!  Crossing my fingers that I’m not ruining the surprise! Now I’ve made tie onesies before.  I made one for Pigg#3 when he was born and loved it for dressing up my baby to go to church without making a bunch of fuss. But my SIL sew too and has already done that.  So when I saw this adorable idea I had to do it too!  And then I had to made another in a bigger size for Pigg#3.  It fit Pigg#3 well so hopefully this smaller one will fit the new baby too.    And then I had to squeeze out matching pants for both outfits because it’s so adorable.  The fabric is from one of Mr. Jiggs’ old dress shirts that were too short in the sleeve. I used Dana’s flat front pant tutorial.    And then I cut up some of Mr. Jigg’s old khaki pants that were fraying on the hem to make some matching khaki pants in a slightly bigger size.  And then I started making bow ties out of the scraps!  I went...

Read More

Boy Dress-ups: King’s Crown

Pigg#1 really likes the ‘knight in shining armor’ kind of play.  But the real reason I decided to make him a crown was so he could play ‘king and queen’ or ‘prince and princess’ with Pigg#2.   I started out by cutting out the crown with a length equal to the circumference of his head plus an inch.  That was 21 inches.  Then I cut the top triangles out.  This first pictures is of the princess one where I cut the middle point bigger than the other ones.  Then I cut a rectangle that would cover all of the crown and sewed the crown to it.  I put diamonds in the points to be jewels.  Cut along the edge of the crown to have a double thickness crown.  Don’t sew the ends of the crown so you can slip elastic in between the two layers and sew it in.  So when you put it on your head, the elastic lets the crown stretch, but snug on your child’s head.  See how the elastic stretches?  King and Queen ready to hold...

Read More

Boy Dress ups: ‘Coonskin Hat

Pigg#1 really likes to ‘dress up’ these days.  So For Christmas I decided to make some “Boy Dress-ups”  One of them was a Davy Crockett Hat!  I measured around his head (20 in) and found a pan that would make a circle about the right size to trace.  ( I should have made it a bit bigger for seam allowance) Then I cut a circle out of the fuzzy ‘raccoon’ fabric and one out of fleece and a rectangle the length of his head plus an inch (so I did 21 inches but i should have done 22 inches with a bigger circle) and about 5 inches wide out of the two fabrics.  And then a rectangle out of the raccoon fabric for the tail.  I pinned the rectangles for the side of the hat around the circle and sewed it up.  For both the raccoon fabric and the fleece.  Then I sewed the ends of the rectangle together (because I wasn’t being mathematically exact and didn’t want to do this before sewing the rectangle onto the circle.)  The tail rectangle I folded in half, rounded one end and sewed along two sides.  I left the short, straight edge next to the fold open for turning.  Turned the tail right side out and sewed it to the right side of the raccoon fabric hat.  It’s at the place where...

Read More

Baby Superhero Costume

Pigg #1 vetoed my Napoleon Dynamite idea for Halloween this year because he wanted to ‘be sombody’.  Instead he just wanted to use the superhero things I made for him last spring to be CTR boy.  Cool.  Less work for me.  Happy boy.  But then he decided Pigg#3 should not be a boy fairy, he should be a superhero too.  So here he is… Mini CTR Boy!  Cape  Mask  Power wristlets!  On his way to save his Mommy!  And a logo on his shirt.  The cape snaps on and off.  Mostly because I thought that would be fun.  I used snap tape so I could take the snaps off the onesie if I decided I wanted him to wear it for real.  It was SOOO fun to make.  Mini anything is so much fun.  And this seriously took me less than two hours to put together. Happy...

Read More

Ads

Subscribe

Follow Me

Recent Projects

Archives

Ads

Pin It on Pinterest